Monday, September 2, 2013

Is That It?

It's hard to believe that it's only been six days.

Six days since I arrived in India!  They've been so long and so much has happened and been thrown at me that it feels like much, much longer.  The time difference is a bit odd and has taken a while to get used to (I hope I'm over jet lag?), because it's 9 1/2 hours.  It's just long enough to throw off the day but not long enough to be a complete reversal.  

So: in the time since I last wrote, we've had multiple days of orientation at BACAS, information about our internships and field experience, our first shopping trip, our trip to get our "uniform," i.e. traditional clothing, and our first day of classes!  

The memorable moments: meeting our peer mentors, who are BACAS students assigned to us to help guide us in the culture and help us with whatever we need.  Mine, Karuna, is absolutely wonderful and I love her already.  I was excited to find out about my internship - hopefully, I'll be interning at The Hindu, i.e. the largest English-language newspaper in India!  Also, shopping for salwar kameez was a blast.  The clothes are great.  Attending church was neat, and obviously our classes are really interesting.  Oh, and produce - I bought fresh produce for super cheap here, so that was pretty exciting.  

I hope to post every Monday - a bit ambitious, maybe, but we'll see if I manage it.  Ta for now!


ISP Batch 5!  As you can see, we've started settling in (with our new clothing!).

No comments:

Post a Comment